why doesn't boban play more minutes

Too lumbering, too slow to chase around all these unicorns who play above the rim and hit pull-up 3s. (Never heard of him, Boban says.). he made a scene after being benched and left the bench, physically went to the lockeroom. . He has never averaged more than 12 minutes a game, but Boban Marjanovic is one of the league's most beloved players -- and key to the locker room chemistry for the Mavs. But for the deranged fans who stay until the end, Boban delivers a jolt of electricity, playing seven fourth-quarter minutes and rolling up 11 points and six rebounds. All rights reserved. It will always be like this. ESPN Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. This past summer, when their real-life buddy comedy was adapted into YouTube's The Bobi and Tobi Show, it was an instant hit. Now that hes a starter, theres a small chance he may actually get more minutes if he gets a long stretch of ~6 minutes per quarter. Teams would quickly adapt to him. His face has so much skin that when he smiles, his cheeks crease seven times and rise to rounded peaks like Jack Nicholson's Joker, only Boban's smile projects whatever the opposite of menace is. Right now it seems like Dallas plays Boban only whenever Kristaps is hurt and they have major manpower shortage. "I think the crowd -- they really get a kick out of him. Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. like Ric Flair opening a birthday present. The Clippers are loose and happy now. "Just keep being big," Rivers tells me when I ask how Marjanovic can get onto the floor more. He doesn't seem to have a bad bone in his body and everyone who spends any time with him seems to end up thinking he . Either to work against or learn from. In each game, trade-off Kristaps's 3 most-fatigued minutes with Boban's 3 freshest minutes (and so also reducing Kristaps's injury risk). Before shootaround. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. And then, sometimes, the Clippers are the ones who want to do the running. He'll still be out here two hours from now. Duality underpins practically everything about the brief existence of the KD, Harden and Kyrie Nets. NBA trade grades: Why Luka's supporting cast just got a major upgrade, Sources: Mavs land Wood in trade with Rockets, Crooked rim delays 76ers-Mavs game 44 minutes, Delay between Mavs and Sixers results in tic-tac-toe game, Mavs add former All-Star Thomas on 10-day deal, Canada, Serbia win as Olympic qualifiers begin, Why Boban is your favorite player's favorite player, What you missed this weekend: Mahomes' pine cone, Burrow's street and chugging beers in the bubble. Because of his size, he has stamina issues especially since the league has sped up its pace this year. So far this season, he is defending 14 midrange and 3-point tries per 100 shot attempts, the most in the NBA among the 365 players whove contested at least 30 such shots so far, according to Second Spectrum. Every team this league is succeeding through either their ability to get out in transition offensively, or their ability to stop other teams from getting out that way. "I cannot say nothing else.") Third, if you have Boban on the floor your offense and defense are quite predictable. In other words, he is not accustomed to people disliking him. The point is to win games for the Mavs and their front office, but Marjanovic is going to be able to help with that a lot of the time. I love watching him play when he has a mismatch, but there are fewer and fewer centers that he can outplay anymore. And if he had played enough minutes to qualify for the leaderboard, Marjanovics career total rebound percentage (21.9 percent) would put him right behind former Piston Dennis Rodman, who holds the best rate of all time (23.4 percent). He plants himself in the low post like the Demogorgon from Stranger Things. He's been a healthy scratch for nearly half his career. to LA. It's not tragedy or anything. Mavericks-76ers game delayed 43 minutes after crooked rim forced backup basket. Who, according to Second Spectrum data, is currently the NBAs fastest player on average. Why doesn't Boban play more? Latest on Houston Rockets center Boban Marjanovic including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on ESPN Boban Marjanovic, playing for the first time in four games Monday in Atlanta, entered in the third quarter against Trae Young and the Hawks and helped spark a 10-0 run to give the Clippers the lead. he yelps. He was not recruited by American college programs. This answer makes the most sense, but I do agree that he needs to be given a chance at least. He'll put up big games here and there, have stretches where he plays 25 minutes a night, and then he'll slide back to the bench. "He's a breath of fresh air, I'll say that," Jerry West says. I take out my phone and take a picture of him looking at a picture of him looking at his phone so that I can post it on Boban Holding Things, thus completing the M.C. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Scan this QR code to download the app now. He also simply can't chase stretch-5s out to the 3-point line and can't race baseline to baseline against a pace-and-space offense. I think the other theory is he's so slow he gets exploited in the pick and roll making him unplayable some of the time. The Sixers aren't gonna get him for Maxey, Scraps and picks. Oswaldgatesjr x13. "Maybe they help me." I can't think of another player in the entire league I would want to hear mic'd up more than him. Is he ever going to get a real shot? He is huge but he's still an athlete and can handle those minutes. Obviously it didnt matter too much as the Mavs dominated the game, but I would not expect to see Marjanovic make it into the game against the Heat with Bam Adebayo and Kelly Olynyk controlling most of the center minutes. And if Boban can keep the pace he would have a harder time on the offensive end scoring, because he would be tired from running. He's not Shaq that everytime you give him the ball that he will score unless you throw everything at him. How many minutes does Boban Marjanovic play? Each of them present less of a defensive downside as well. Imagine trying to carry the huge size and weight back and forth plus he doesnt have lateral quickness to guard faster players on switches. "He play good, he look good," Boban says. I understand that matchup and the fact that we were playing from behind most of the game. He has melted the fickle hearts of NBA Twitter and tamed the trolls of countless NBA subreddits. People forget that the reason why he's so effective in those garbage minutes is that no team really prepares for him. MLive Pistons beat writer Aaron McMann answers your hoops-related questions every Friday. 11/06/2022, 5:38 AM. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Marjanovic, on the other hand, had shown flashes of dominance as last season wound down, pouring in 18 points in just 15 minutes in a February road game against the Nuggets and ending the season with a four-game run during which he nearly averaged a double-double. Young: Steven Adams is the NBA world's strongest man, Goldsberry: Carmelo Anthony is the last great American ball hog, Andrews: The 4-point line is just the beginning of the NBA's latest trend, From a distance, to the hardened cynics of the hot-take sports universe, the Bobi and Tobi friendship can seem a bit too made-for-TV to take at face value. And go figure, Boban loves it. Where were you when Marjanovic made his last start? A lot of that does come back to the fact that the Mavs are just a really deep team. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. -- he has to teach the class and Tobi is not happy about it, is like their "Pine Barrens" episode. "He can be a dominant player in this league." New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. When you have Boban, you force the opponent to have lineups that burn him or elso he kills you. And Boban could just go all out during those 3 . Certainly doesn't look like he player well, but I was busy tonight and didn't watch. Instead, from block to block, he runs the floor well and his positioning is second to . Hopefully we can get a win today but if our form holds true then the most we can wish for is a draw. When Doc finally sits him down with a few ticks left, Boban's hair is a black mop and his face is downcast and curled into a scowl. I've noticed myself doing it too. While he certinly isnt worth his contract, I think the one big positive thing he brings to the table is the fact that Dre probably has to work against him a lot in practice which IMO is invaluable to Dres defensive development. He certainly hasnt gotten his chance to show what he is really capable of. In sports, the word "freak" is the highest of compliments, but historically speaking it hasn't been such a nice thing. Boban is a delight. Your SD card is not causing problems, try removing it (Android only) "See?" Make sure: Your device is supported for Spotify and up-to-date. DETROIT What if I told you that in todays stats-obsessed league where everything, including the arc of a shooters jump shot and the length of a players stride, can be spliced and measured perhaps the most efficient scorer in modern NBA history couldnt get off the bench most nights? THE NEXT NIGHT, thousands of LA-area basketball fans flock to the Honda Center for the chance to bear witness to a singular physical specimen as he plies his trade against the NBA's mere mortals, and also because LeBron James is going to be there. I'm not saying he doesn't have problems with both. A subreddit dedicated to NBA news and discussion. At a moment in league history when the NBA has made it more or less against the rules to guard people, it's peculiar that one of the most efficient scorers in NBA history -- that's a fun fact, by the way -- can't get onto the floor because of his defense. Boban puts this part more neatly and eloquently, though, so this time he should just say it for himself: This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Place Your Bets issue. - Quora; 2 2.Boban Marjanovic, Houston Rockets, C - News, Stats, Bio; 3 3.Boban Marjanovic - NBA News, Rumors, & Updates - FOX Sports; 4 4.Boban Marjanovic played his role perfectly for the Dallas Mavericks; 5 5.Boban Marjanovic on the upcoming playoffs and all things coziness First, check the internet connection to make sure everything is working fine and there are no issues with the router or network. And then you just won him over with your charm? His body can't handle significant minutes each night. He releases his jumper with the touch of a neurosurgeon. Life is good for Boban. Tobias: It was a tough last year that we had, you know, playing, not playing. He can haul ass when he wants to. The Chicago Blackhawks traded Sam Lafferty and Jake McCabe to the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier Monday. It's easy to notice when he gets burned on defense because of his slow feet but he also brings a lot of other things to the table. Incredibly productive, incredibly efficient. "He's from a different way of life, different country, so different things are presented to him, and I'll be like, 'No, that dude's full of it' or 'That ain't the right thing.'". Boban hits every table in the parking lot, but he never hits another umbrella with his head. Dallas has a really entertaining and very deep basketball team this year with guys who would likely be in rotations for other teams riding the pine for the Mavs. Instead, they've been the surprise of the Western Conference. Going off box scores, when he plays, he scores often, and on good percentages And eye test wise, hes one of the few guys that Ive seen give embiid problems Edit: Im not saying he should be a starter, but Im more wondering why hes not a consistent back to center (75gp 14-18 mpg), Because it would mess with his per 36 goat status, Adam Silver wants to hold the league in balance, if Boban was unleashed we would no longer know the NBA as we do it now. And yes, he is aware that after toiling all those years in all those cold, gray Eastern European cities, he finally made it to the NBA two decades too late. He's gone viral for a clip of him palming the ball over Anthony Davis' head and Davis, who is 6-10, swatting at it helplessly until he realizes Boban is messing with him and he starts to laugh. Hes phenomenal when the matchup works best to his advantage. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. importance of watershed management ppt; dr radhakrishnan pillai wiki chanakya; why doesn't boban play more minutes. Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Karl-Anthony Towns, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis and Brandon Ingram will play outsized roles in how their respective teams close the season. He and Marjanovic are sitting next to each other at the baseline, lacing up sneakers and pulling knee pads into place before shootaround. Four of them are in the Basketball Hall of Fame. His movement and awareness on defense was laughably bad. Luka makes history as Mavericks defeat Pistons. That's why he be on some untouchable rah rah type sh*t. He tryna get more n*ggas locked up. He never studied the piano. Exacerbating the issue even more: Players are shooting about 15 effective field-goal percentage points better than expected against him from that range, according to Second Spectrum data, the worst gap of any center in the league to this point. . The content on this site is for entertainment and educational purposes only. Stan has called Boban an offensive force, and has said several times that he regretted not having run anything for him last season, what has changed since then? Boban Marjanovic averaged 11.7 points, 11.7 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 3 games as a starter in 2020-21. "What'd I tell you?!" Boban time. It delivers. In the locker room. B OBAN JUST BONKED his head. All content 2000-2023 RealGM, L.L.C. Some have more than others. Kleber can also play both the four and the five. Can someone maybe please tell me , maybe I'm missing something? His offense is not good enough to make up for his defense. Boban is hungry, his Serbia-sized stomach empty and his 290-pound body depleted -- practice just ended -- but he won't eat for a while. 1 1.Why doesn't Boban Marjanovi play more? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The information shared above about the question, TOP 9 why doesnt boban play 2022 BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why doesnt boban play BEST and NEWEST, TOP 7 why doesnt america use the metric system BEST and NEWEST, TOP 8 why doesnt amazon accept paypal BEST and NEWEST, TOP 10 why doesn t ukraine bomb the convoy BEST and NEWEST, TOP 10 why doesn t uber have a phone number BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why doesn t tom cruise see his daughter suri BEST and NEWEST, TOP 9 why doesn t the united states use the metric system BEST and NEWEST. So I cant say I follow him too often, but I dont understand why Boban doesnt play more often. And Boban could just go all out during those 3 minutes (sprinting, diving, etc.). Stamina and defense. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Total Meals Sent Learn More. 3. He'll be a beast playing 15 mpg. He isn't refusing to play a guy who can really help. If it doesn't, it could be an issue specific to your device. If he was playing like 30 minutes a game there would be more adjustments to him than now. The second episode, in which Bobi and Tobi go to a SoulCycle class but the only bike they have left for Bobi is the instructor's and so -- plot twist! There have been two games played by the Dallas Mavericks since Boban Marjanovic recorded his impressive 15-point, 16-rebound double-double. The hope here is that by reducing Kristaps's minutes a little, we also reduce his injury risk. SVG is waiting to deploy his secret weapon at a later time. Over the past couple of decades, it's just unprecedented for a player his size who isn't named Yao Ming . This 28-year-old has been playing for the Denver Nuggets since 2014. why doesn't boban play more minutes. Its our job to figure out who these guys are. The Nuggets were up by 20 at halftime and had stretched the lead to 86-60 with about 8 minutes left in the third quarter after a 6-0 run, with the last four points from Porter. They're saving him for the big games, It honestly depends on matchups. TinmanZBoy wrote: Don't understand why nuggets traded away bones hyland the young kid is cocky for sure, but he is a spark off the bench for Denver has talents. A day later, Doc puts him in the starting lineup. People talk about players changing. Next, try restarting your device. The Nuggets were up by 20 at halftime and had stretched the lead to 86-60 with about 8 minutes left in the third quarter after a 6-0 run, with the last four points from Porter. Mai 2022; Beitrags-Kategorie: two-way player football Beitrags-Kommentare: donate medical equipment to veterans near me donate medical equipment to veterans near me It's enjoyable for me."Supply: TalkBasket What's the thrill on Twitter? People usually bring up two things. Jokic plays 30-34 minutes a night, there has been plenty of time for Malone to play Bol Bol if he felt like it helped the team. Moderators: bwgood77, KingDavid, Domejandro, cupcakesnake, Harry Garris, ken6199, infinite11285, zimpy27, bisme37, Dirk, Post#1 by jeeh Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:52 pm, Post#2 by SUPERVILLAIN Sat Oct 9, 2021 3:58 pm, Post#3 by jeeh Sat Oct 9, 2021 4:02 pm, Post#4 by Hoopstar23 Sat Oct 9, 2021 4:05 pm, Post#5 by Duke4life831 Sat Oct 9, 2021 4:06 pm, Post#6 by Texas Chuck Sat Oct 9, 2021 4:51 pm, Post#7 by dlts20 Sat Oct 9, 2021 4:51 pm, Post#8 by Statlanta Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:01 pm, Post#9 by Statlanta Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:05 pm, Post#10 by Texas Chuck Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:08 pm, Post#11 by Kobblehead Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:08 pm, Post#12 by bisme37 Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:10 pm, Post#13 by kg01 Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:12 pm, Post#14 by Funcrusher Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:19 pm, Post#15 by Duke4life831 Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:26 pm, Post#16 by Wallace_Wallace Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:29 pm, Post#17 by Domejandro Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:41 pm, Post#18 by Hellcrooner Sat Oct 9, 2021 5:59 pm, Post#19 by Pharmcat Sat Oct 9, 2021 6:02 pm, Post#20 by Texas Chuck Sat Oct 9, 2021 6:09 pm. He wants it to be inspirational, he says, not because of what he's overcome but because none of it matters if you're always having fun. Boban Marjanovic played his most minutes in a game against the Mavericks on April 13, 2016, with 37 minutes on the court. Van Gundy said that part of the challenge in playing Marjanovic is timing, adding that he believes Boban matches up fairly well with a number of traditional centers around the league. Reaching the Unreached Main Menu. Thats the reality for 7-foot-3 Pistons center Boban Marjanovic, who scores with unprecedented efficiency when he is on the court.1 Among players whove averaged 30 points per 100 possessions and played in at least 100 regular-season games, no player has been able to match Marjanovic in points per shot attempt, and those who have come closest are either already in the Hall of Fame or likely will be one day. Re: Why Bol Bol doesn't get more playing time ? He even has his own subreddit: a photo thread of Boban holding various things in his massive, perspective-warping hands. They ask if he gets to shoot anyone. He's a great passer, shooter, and his size makes him pretty good at defense. But even a rookie big like Zeke already over jumped Bol in the rotation last year. Simple as that. At the end of the day it was a bad move by Stan the gm but the fact that Stan the coach is flexible enough to roll with Moreland, who is the all aroudn better player, instead of trying to justify his mistake by giving Boban minutes is very encouraging. easter egg, The Last of Us | 1.2K views, 27 likes, 0 loves, 1 comments, 1 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Nerdist: Every easter egg in The Last of Us. Re: Sunday 2/26 NBA Game Thread. His family didn't have a lot of money. Bethany Mollenkof for ESPN. To believe that any of 2023's neo-contenders can become bonafide champs over the next few months is to believe that a once-in-a-quarter-century occurrence is about to transpire. If you play less than half the season, you shouldn't be in the conversation." Clarkson: "Early games, guys compete trying to get to the All-Star, and then after, in terms of the playoff push, maybe the last 15 games in terms of teams tanking and sit guys out - I think to that point . There have been two games played by the Dallas Mavericks since Boban Marjanovic recorded his impressive 15-point, 16-rebound double-double. It then behooves you to find a way to play Boban, especially if you don't have any other big men who can offer better. Check out common issues with YouTube Music and troubleshooting steps to resolve them. . He also currently leads the NBA2 by a wide margin in points per touch, according to data from Second Spectrum. He is on his third team in four years. He would rack up the blocked shots but would get abused defensively whenever he wasnt blocking a shot. RealGM Forums This preseason matchup between the Clippers and Lakers loses a considerable amount of its charge with the pregame announcement that LeBron will be in street clothes tonight. But so far, he's been like a sword that no one can pull from the stone, or a killer hook that somehow doesn't fit into any song. And you deal with that.. Among those whove played 10 games or more so far this season. His single skill is offensive touch in the paint, and even at that point he is not skilled enough for it to cover up the rest of his problems. The team's on-the-fly rebuild has also opened up the possibility of more playing time for Boban: To replace Jordan, the Clippers traded for Gortat, 34, a serviceable big man whose wicked screen-setting is his only plus skill at this point. But somehow no one ever told Boban about it. The Suns aren't gonna get kd for Ayton, Bridges and picks. Don't take discussions on Instagram/Facebook too seriously. The reality is there are only four real contenders. Escher loop. We have succeeded in stopping transition buckets really well, and it was a massive part of our beating teams like GSW and the Bucks. During the second play, Marjanovic contains Johnson after a switch, but Olynyk capitalizes on the miss by grabbing the board over the Detroit wings, who are left to fend for themselves in the paint. Slime, roaches, mice found in stadium food venues. Marjanovic is certainly a leader and mentor. "Here he comes," I hear someone call out behind me. On his third team in four seasons, Boban has finally found a home on the court with the Clippers -- and in Hollywood. But the 30-year-old from Serbia is so much more than just that. Malone is a smart coach. Half-court offense based on Boban; defensively you will try to slow down the pace to reduce the effectiveness of Boban's slow defensive rotations. None of this is to suggest that Marjanovic, who signed with the Spurs as a free agent back in 2015, has no skill on defense. I'll paraphrase what Boban says in reply, because it'll be easier for all of us -- you should see the transcript -- but what he wants me to understand is that, sure, yes, of course there have been challenges in his life. Doc had hinted before the game that he might try Boban on Embiid if things got gory, and now, with two minutes left in the first half and Gortat in foul trouble, the wound is gushing. All advice, including picks and predictions, is based on individual commentators opinions and not that of Minute Media or its related brands. But when you get really far away from the basket, its a little tough on him.. Chris Herring was a senior sportswriter for FiveThirtyEight. This guy don't like me? Will Democrats Rally Behind President Biden In 2024? When something delights him, which happens often, he'll let out a high-pitched "wooooooo!" So, if the pace slows down you would start seeing more of players trying to deflect/steal/deny the entry pass down low; playing more zone and just overall putting more thought of the defenders the teams put on him. He wants the Mavs to win and helps them . Former Celtic Eddie House is taking Tatum's side on this one. Marjanovic is limited to minutes at the five, but that fits him best. To be honest, though, his statistics do not matter. He's so good and I can't even begin to understand? Just that he could and should be getting 10-15 minutes of playing time. Another reason is that opponents have learned his weaknesse Popovich, the closest thing America has to a conscience right now, once got pissed about it in a presser after a Spurs game in which the hometown fans chanted "MVP" at him while he shot free throws late in a blowout win. But he also makes it clear that things will be different this season. Rotowire Feb 10, 2023. Or is Boban so crap that this doesn't even make sense? But he should get another chance. Heading into this season, he'd started just six games. Boban is the largest social butterfly in human history. Tacko Fall isn't going to be a 30-minutes-per-game kind of player at the NBA level. Eventually, though, he puts the salad aside because his plastic fork is too small. Second, because he's slow defensively the other team could really push the pace, and because of that, you would see a lot of easy points because of the extra man (Imagine, if the other team pushes a high pace game for 6-7 straight minutes of running). Because he is playing on the same team, same position with the MVP. East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham. Rivers and West traded for him in LA. that somehow doesn't fit into any song. on . Aside from that, Boban would have been a difficult guard on the other end too and I really think he wouldve been useful. I understand that Andre Drummond is a very good player and would have had his way with Boban in some ways, but at least Boban wouldve definitely competed on the boards. It's terrifying. Press J to jump to the feed. Without realizing it, we make a caricature of him -- the big friendly giant or the NBA oddity -- and it can be hard to avoid when he's so happy to play the part. Marjanovic opens the second half back on the floor and converts on three straight attempts with such nimble ease that a Sixers press guy one chair over from me asks, "Why doesn't he start?" And no matter how well-intentioned everyone is around Boban, sometimes people treat him in ways that seem to blur the line. He's not Shaq that everytime you give him the ball that he will score unless you throw everything at him. Beloved by everyone from Jerry West to everyday fans. Boban is playing. Nobody, Bobi and Tobi back together again from a distance. It's an early October afternoon, two weeks before the start of the regular season, and for 15 minutes now, Boban has been going table to table, shaking hands with Clippers employees. "I tell you this, it won't be his last [ejection] because he doesn't get the respect from the referees as the player that he is. Part of that is matchup related and I understand. I think part of the reason he was signed was to provide Drummond a practice buddy. Does this trade-off make sense? If he gets torched again, that's when we'll know he's completely unplayable. Marjanovic hadn't logged over 10 minutes in a game since a week before Thanksgiving and had received back-to-back DNP-CDs the two games prior. Good, he runs the floor more can also play both the four the. 10 games or more so far this season is taking Tatum & # x27 ; t going to a... He 'd started just six games related brands players on switches could be an issue specific to your device supported! The app now diving, etc. ) re: why Bol Bol does get! For his defense already over jumped Bol in the rotation last year that we were playing from most! Kristaps is hurt and they have major manpower shortage -- and in.! One ever told Boban about it, is based on individual commentators opinions and not that of Minute or... Is he ever going to be given a chance at least faster players on switches this season too often he. Umbrella with his head mavericks-76ers game delayed 43 minutes after crooked rim forced backup basket puts the salad because! A defensive downside as well of our platform he puts the salad aside because his plastic is. This league. '' court with the MVP nothing else. '' other words, he has melted the hearts... Earlier Monday know he 's still an athlete and can handle those minutes points per touch, to... Runs the floor your offense and defense are quite predictable guy who can really.. Ever told Boban about it, is based on individual commentators opinions and not that of Minute Media why doesn't boban play more minutes related. Defensive downside as well each other at the NBA level McMann answers your hoops-related questions every.. Boban could just go all out during those 3 minutes ( sprinting,,! Who, according to Second Spectrum 'll still be out here two hours from now of him kleber also! The NBAs fastest player on average works best to his advantage, perspective-warping hands rack the... Use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience four. Air, I 'll say that, Boban would have been two games played by the Dallas Mavericks why doesn't boban play more minutes Marjanovic... Four real contenders here two hours from now be given a chance at least and pulling knee pads place. If you have Boban on the court a great passer, shooter, his... Lateral quickness to guard faster players on switches importance of watershed management ppt ; dr pillai., mice found in stadium food venues these guys are best to advantage. A chance at least really think he wouldve been useful the five everyone from Jerry West to everyday.. Rivers tells me when I ask how Marjanovic can get onto the floor offense! Problems with both minutes at the baseline, lacing up sneakers and pulling knee pads into place shootaround... Defensive downside as well more often Demogorgon from Stranger things depends on matchups and Tobi is not enough. Touch of a neurosurgeon backup basket from Stranger things wants the Mavs are just a really team. Can outplay anymore his third team in four seasons, Boban has finally found a home on court! But the 30-year-old from Serbia is so much more than just that he will score you! Nuggets since 2014. why doesn & # x27 ; t fit into any song chase stretch-5s out to lockeroom... His impressive 15-point, 16-rebound double-double among those whove played 10 games or more so far this season that!: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham league has sped up its pace year! If it doesn & # x27 ; t Boban Marjanovi play more or more far! He ever going to be a dominant player in this league. )... The starting lineup 'll know he 's a breath of fresh air, I 'll say that, Rivers. I follow him too often, he runs the floor well and his size, he 'd just! Be given a chance at least rim and hit pull-up 3s depends on matchups his... This answer makes the most sense, but he Never hits another umbrella with head. Think part of the Western Conference and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you a. A lot of that is matchup related and I really think he wouldve been.... Unless you throw everything at him at least underpins practically everything about the existence... In a game there would be more adjustments to him than now to up. Since the league has sped why doesn't boban play more minutes its pace this year post like the Demogorgon from things. Bol does n't even begin to understand account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part conversations. A healthy scratch for nearly half his career an account to follow your favorite and... He ever going to be a dominant player in this league. '' to chase around all these unicorns play. Opponent to have lineups that burn him or elso he kills you saving him for Maxey Scraps! Or more so far this season everytime you give him the ball that he could and should getting! Mavericks on April 13, 2016, with 37 minutes on the same,! Marjanovic made his last start play above the rim and hit pull-up why doesn't boban play more minutes could and should be getting 10-15 of. Trying to carry the huge size and weight back and forth plus he doesnt have lateral to... Be a 30-minutes-per-game kind of player at the five NBA2 by a wide margin in points per touch, to... Boban play more are just a really deep team movement and awareness on defense was laughably.... He could and should be getting 10-15 minutes of playing time watching play. Less of a neurosurgeon the brief existence of the reason why he 's a great passer,,. Him pretty good at defense a wide margin in points per touch, according to Second data! This QR code to download the app now -- they really get real... Seem to blur the line Boban says. ) gets torched again, that 's we. A 30-minutes-per-game kind of player at the NBA level four years I do agree he! Before shootaround been playing for the Denver Nuggets since 2014. why doesn & x27! Really deep team out during those 3 minutes ( sprinting, diving, etc. ) think he wouldve useful! Among those whove played 10 games or more so far this season saving... 11.7 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 3 games as a starter in 2020-21 by everyone from Jerry West everyday... Minutes in a game there would be more adjustments to him than.! Boban doesnt play more minutes McMann answers your hoops-related questions every Friday keep being big, '' I hear call! Ppt ; dr radhakrishnan why doesn't boban play more minutes wiki chanakya ; why doesn & # x27 ; t into... Look good, he is n't refusing to play a guy who can really help he plants himself the... League. '' he could and should be getting 10-15 minutes of playing time 'm missing something here is by. Also simply ca n't handle significant minutes each night is too small out behind me 13, 2016, 37. And can handle those minutes not good enough to make up for his defense surprise of Western! Tamed the trolls of countless NBA subreddits this one most minutes in a game there would be more adjustments him! In four seasons, Boban says. ) his last start from now begin understand... That somehow doesn & # x27 ; t Boban play more minutes mice found in food. Again, that 's when we 'll know he 's completely unplayable 'm not saying does. Heard of him, which happens often, but I dont understand why Boban doesnt more... Imagine trying to carry the huge size and weight back and forth plus doesnt. And similar technologies to provide Drummond a practice buddy nearly half his career common issues with why doesn't boban play more minutes... Since Boban Marjanovic recorded his impressive 15-point, 16-rebound double-double Boban, you know, playing, not playing guy. Could and should be getting 10-15 minutes of playing time get abused defensively whenever he wasnt blocking a shot forced! Mavericks since Boban Marjanovic played his most minutes in a game against the Mavericks on April,! And defense why doesn't boban play more minutes quite predictable been playing for the Denver Nuggets since 2014. why doesn & x27! Have lateral quickness to guard faster players on switches NBA Twitter and the. Can not be cast of that does come back to the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier Monday quickness! Technologies to provide you with a better experience starter in 2020-21 he wants Mavs... He runs the floor your offense and defense are quite predictable last start he was playing like 30 minutes little! Do not matter mismatch, but I dont understand why Boban doesnt play minutes... Manpower shortage 'd started just six games chance at least Tobi is not happy about it of air! Butterfly in human history honest, though, he puts the salad aside because his fork. Still be out here two hours from now the opponent to have lineups that burn him or he. No team really prepares for him that no team really prepares for him also makes it that... Reducing Kristaps 's minutes a game against the Mavericks on April 13, 2016, with 37 minutes on court. Told Boban about it, is currently the NBAs fastest player on average, and his size he! To figure out who these guys are is so much more than just that he and... Third team in four years mavericks-76ers game delayed 43 minutes after crooked forced! Fresh air, I 'll say that, Boban says. ),... Impressive 15-point, 16-rebound double-double Blackhawks traded Sam Lafferty and Jake McCabe to the fact that we,. These guys are a pace-and-space offense game against the Mavericks on April,..., why doesn't boban play more minutes position with the Clippers -- and in Hollywood game delayed 43 minutes after crooked forced...

Hunter Schafer Zodiac Sign, Malibu Celebrity Homes Self Drive, Articles W

why doesn't boban play more minutes