iona cabins to avoid

But we do take our own sign for the cabin door indicating If you hear us rocking dont come a knocking That sounds like a fantastic cruise, congrats on booking it! So you could end up with people sitting in the right front of your balcony. Cabin grades are two-letter codes given to cabins that denote the type and location of the cabin. Cabins below sun decks can sometimes be noisy when loungers are scraped across the floor but you wont have that problem. Thanks. P&O Cruises Iona has 24 full-size suites on board. If you have a larger body shape then you may wish to avoid these rooms. Jenni, Hi, Just wondering if you had any info on cabin 15457 on Iona, we booked saver and have been allocated this cabin but from the deck plans I cant work out if there is a balcony or not. The obstruction was a lifeboat underneath, so when looking down from the balcony it was directly in view. But as you can see from the photo below, which shows 10742, the water can splash down several decks! Deck 11: 11401 - 11471 and 11402 - 11470. Ill admit that I was shocked when I saw these cabins. 2 hours ago, MaisieMoo123 said: Currently the following cabins are being used on Iona for isolation. i am b00ked on promanade deck 8102 is this a cabin on the ok list or a one to avoid. Never been on a cruise before! In the event of bad weather, a metal storm door will be closed over your balcony door leaving you with just the window. However, there are a few things to be aware of before booking one. We are three pairs of couples looking for a balcony cabin each and two families of mum, dad and two children each (eldest will be 8years come cruise date). However I did really enjoy my cruise, one of the best holidays Ive had. Ive not stayed in one of those cabins so cant say for sure. Connected rooms: 144 Accessible rooms: 26 Maximum passengers: 4 Number of cabins: 1438 Activities & entertainment Activities (32) Crows Nest _ Observation Lounge Cooking Demonstrations Dance Classes Splash Zone Whirlpools (18) Pools (5) Hydrotherapy Pool * As its a new ship, Im not sure how this works until Ive seen the ship for myself. I love a balcony cabin - I leave the sliding door open at night and drift off to the sound and smell of the ocean. Youre right, there are no layout plans that we can see for Iona yet. Deck 8 is certainly a good spot to be able to get to the restaurants and venues easily. Here on my little corner of the internet I share cruise tips, cabin reviews, port guides and packing tips to help you plan a great cruise holiday. It also has a sofa bed and a pull-down bed. There are also balconies on suites and conservatory mini-suites so there is a lot of choice when picking a cabin (and potential for booking the wrong thing). Even handy for the laundromat! You would need a spreadsheet to keep track of what to avoid. I was shocked to see just how little privacy they have. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. At this level you can expect exclusive services such as a personal Butler, in-cabin dining, priority access to various services. Iona balcony cabins range in size from 107 square feet for single balcony cabins up to 226 square feet for deluxe balcony cabins and 362 square feet for accessible cabins. Jenni, Hi These are the middle ones at the aft. Thanks Jenni and what decks please, Hi Alan, As far as I know, its only the suites on Iona that have the option of a bath. The best cabins for families on Iona are: The single cabins on Iona can be found in various locations across the ship. Plus you dont have to worry about anyone accidentally falling overboard with the deck between the balcony and the sea. So, the cabins to avoid here are 9745, 9750, 10742, 10745, 11745, 11746, 12741, 12744, 14741, 14742. Your balcony is an irregular shape and a little larger than normal. Unlike balconies on higher decks there are no sliding doors but a door that opens outwards. This basically means that something is blocking the view from the balcony. I spoke to a couple of fellow solo female travellers onboard and they agreed they would not feel comfortable in a cabin on this deck either. Jenni. I think Id be more upset with being woken early due to noise above from the deck (scraping chairs and chatting!). There are also two shows most nights in the Headlines Theatre and the SkyDome. There are four main cabin types to choose from on Iona: Read on for more info about each of these cabins types. Booked on the iona, first time cruising, travel agent has booked us on GF/Balcony Cabin 8144, she told me its a good part of the ship, is it far from all the restaurants and pools, going to the fjords 19th june to 26th 2021, after 2 cruises that have been cancelled. There is some info here: https://www.pocruises.com/accommodation but whether the conservatory mini-suites have the same perks as mini-suites or superior deluxe balcony cabins, we dont know for sure yet. Many people use the promenade deck to get a bit of exercise or just to wander around and take in the sea view. This also leaves these cabins free for families who need them. Sugested read: What is a Pullman bed on a cruise ship? Im expecting that buffets will be behind glass and served to you rather than everyone touching the same tongs etc. You will find a tray with kettle, two mugs, teabags, coffee and milk. If you have a sofa bed then your cabin steward will make it up each evening while you have dinner and put the bed away each morning while you have breakfast. Ive worked in the cruise industry since 2015 and now my blog helps over a million people to plan their cruises each month. If youd like to know what facilities Iona has on the ship for families, youll find that info here: What facilities does Iona have for families? Im sorry to learn that your cruise was cancelled yesterday though, I hope you can rebook. Hi. Its going to be me, partner, his nan and auntie travelling so I was looking at the Suites on board however because there is no cabin plan its really hard to understand what these will look like and whether they will be suitable? I saw a few people on their balconies chatting to fellow passengers as they walked by. However, if you like an early night, youll want to avoid any cabins which are directly above the Headliners Theatre. Many thanks, Hi Pauline, thanks for your questions. On the deck plan it looks far enough forward that youre not directly above the theatre so I wouldnt expect it to be noisy. One port side, mid-forward and one port side, aft. I stayed in one of the square shaped inside cabins for a week and really liked it. However, looking out to sea? I cant quite believe they were designed that way. The cabins to avoid are: 9238, 9241, 9318, 9319, 10240, 10247, 10318, 10319, 10511, 10516, 11244, 11245, 11318, 11319, 11516, 11517, 12244, 12257, 12318, 12319, 12516, 12517, 14244, 14245, 14318, 14319, 14514, 14517, 15244, 15255, 15314, 15315, 15516, 15517, 16244, 16255, 16318, 16319, 17315, 17318. While the cabins at the front of the Promenade Deck have larger than average balconies, there really is no privacy at all with people walking right past. Hi, Also do you think a suite will be comfortably big enough for all of us? Im booked onto iona with a sea view room. Of course, being so close to the water you are well-placed for watching wildlife and getting the wonderful sounds of the ocean - so if this is a priority then dont be deterred. ft. (2 to 4 people) Deluxe balcony - 226 sq. Destinations Emma, Hi hunnie Im due to go on the iona in December to hamburg and zebrugger cant wait first time on a cruise its a inside cabin not sure what deck we will be on yet though. Dont feel guilty at all! That is a windy spot so you may not always be able to use your balcony when the ship is moving. So, while the single cabins are a great addition, always check what a standard cabin would cost before booking. I spent a few hours at the front of deck 8 while sailing into Olden and it was very breezy, to put it mildly! Hi Michael. Image: P&O Cruises, Categories: B4, B5, B6 Two-Room Suite with Balcony, Accessible Suite: B4 category Suite no. Thank you for all the brilliant info given on Iona cabins, any chance of the same treatment for Britannia, or even some of the other P&O fleet? Hi Cruise M. Then, contact one with a best-price guarantee and have them beat it! I have booked 10743 for the Fjords in September. I hope this helps! what do you think? Another thing that you might want to consider is that all balconies on forward-facing cabins are overlooked by the bridge (where the officers see out of to manoeuvre the ship). Lorrraine, Hi Lorraine. This little room can be closed off via sliding glass-doors, for more privacy. Other cruise ships call these cove balconies or sheltered balconies, although P&O Cruises doesnt have a specific name for them. Thank you in advance. Jenni. They do make for a great nights sleep but you have to switch the ships camera on the TV to see what the weather is like! If you enjoy peace and quiet perhaps avoid cabins directly under the pool deck or Horizon restaurant or above the nightclub or theatre. Also known as outside cabins, the sea view cabins on Iona are a great choice because, at 210 square feet, they are larger than both the standard inside and standard balcony cabins. However, I wouldnt worry about the location. Plus, as its a new ship the soundproofing should be pretty good. Having seen these cabins, Im surprised they are sold as balcony cabins. Examine these carefully to identify cabins that are near public areas. If you require an accessible Cabin, there are 55 in various categories. Passengers to space: 35.52 :1 Launched: 2021 Cabins Balcony Cabin size: 101 - 362 sq. We were allocated a balcony on deck 5 and yes its small but functional the rooms are smaller but for what we paid where adequate. GF). Jenni, I am looking to book a cruise on Iona on the 27-11-2021 in a special needs cabin do I need to pay inside select price or is it the same price, if so witch special needs cabins are in the best to have thinking my wife as a mobility scooter, Hi David. Of course, on the plus side these cabins are in a great position for accessing public areas such as the bars and restaurants. Click the button above to compare the prices of cruises from all travel agents. There are only 12 single balcony cabins on the whole ship so well done for nabbing one. The cabin numbers available are 9739 & 9744 which I understand are above the nightclub however the insulation is usually fairly good so I wasnt that worried about that? Is this a good cabin to have, Congratulations on taking your first cruise with your kids! So pros and cons to this one. They are more like cabins with a patio rather than a balcony. Unfortunately we didnt enjoy our cruise on Iona and the main reason was that we hadnt noticed that the cabin we had booked on deck 9 overlooked two of the jacuzzis on deck 8! They have more space than a standard balcony cabin, but they dont have suite perks. Enjoy your cruise. It could be a lifeboat above, below or in front of your cabin balcony or some part of the ships equipment. The only real downside would be that the next-door neighbour with the L-shaped balcony would be able to see onto your balcony if they stand towards the front of theirs. Jenni. The breakdown of the cabins within each type is as follows: 811 Inside cabins, 174 Sea View Cabins, 1496 Balcony cabins. There are 55 accessible Cabins across most grades on Iona: Single Inside Accessible Cabins: PC 8327-8331-9326-9327-9330-9331-15322-15323-15326-15327-16326-16327-16330-16331 BF 9222-9223-9228-9229 PB 10327 - 10331, Seaview Accessible Cabins: LB 4522-4528-4534-4538 (Deck 4), Accessible Standard Balcony Cabins: category GC (8330-8332, 15301-15302-15303-15304-15305-15306-15307-15308) ; category GA (11514-11516-11518-11520-12514-12516-12518-12520); category GB (12622-12623-12624-12625-12626-12627-12628-12629), Accessible Sky Suite: B4 category Suite no. These balconies make a great spot for watching out for sea life or listening to the waves. Disappointed no space at early meal, Hi Yvonne. The last set in the 710 club finishes at 1am and the party in the clubhouse can go into the early hours. In fact, there isn't a home more synonymous with the USA - so it's no wonder that so many people choose to find one of their own in Chandler, AZ. So, if you dont want a hike every morning to one of the main dining rooms for breakfast or for a late night tipple in the Crows Nest, then it is worth giving some careful consideration to the location of the your cabin. There are 24 two-room Sky Suites onboard P&O Iona should you really want to push the boat out for a special occasion. Hi Graham, yes the location was very handy. Sea view cabins have a window thats handy to check the weather before getting dressed in the morning. As a solo traveller, I was not comfortable in this type of cabin. There will be 2 adults and a toddler travelling hoping that this is a good cabin?! The cabin grades are shown in different colours on the deck plan. Jenni, Hi Some balconies are almost as big as the cabin itself, which will provide lots of space for you all to sit outside together and enjoy the views of the Fjords. There are some balcony cabins on Iona which have much bigger balconies than others of the same grade (and therefore the same price). Also is this a good cabin to have booked? If youre booking a cruise on P&O Cruises new ship, read on for all the information you need to choose the best cabins on Iona. Emma, Your email address will not be published. I have booked cabin ED 11741 at the back of the ship. Just move your mouse over any stateroom and a pop up will appear with detail information, including a full description and floor layout, and a link to pictures and/or videos. Jenni, Hi can you tell me what cabin 10426 is like on Iona for Ffiords next year please, not booked yet. I had a little bit of cabin drama on my last cruise on P&Os Iona. One at fwd and 1 aft. Jenni, Just booked cabin 4220 will this be a quiet cabin in the night, Hi Kathleen. Thank you Thank you for your help. That looks like a great cabin to have. The Britannia cabin guide is here: https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/po-britannia-cabins-to-avoid/ If you search this site or navigate to P&O Cruises at the top, youll find a cabin guide for each ship. So, if you plan to be out on your balcony a lot, this might be an area to avoid. RentByOwner makes it easy and safe to find and compare vacation rentals in Chandler with prices often at a 30-40% discount versus the price of a hotel. We are due to sail on 24 Sept and are on deck 5. This could be particularly true with Iona as she is one of the biggest ships in the world and so you shouldnt feel the motion too much at all compared to a smaller ship. This exciting new cabin option includes a conservatory area with an L-shaped sofa in between the bedroom and the balcony. I opted for C752 for a lovely quiet, corner view. Also, there is a promenade between your balcony and the ocean, so people can walk past. Whilst some ships place all the single cabins together to make it easier for solo travellers to meet, on Iona this is not the case. Other cabins to avoid if you prefer complete privacy are those situated directly under the bridge, which are overlooked. Iona has a cabin for everyone, with sizes ranging from inside cabins that are a little over one hundred square feet to suites which are more than five times as large. Jenni. Hi Ian. Go for it! Going to alter my booking on iona thinking of a suite if I book a saver fare are there any suites with a restricted view or no balcanies. That looks like a great cabin to me, enjoy your cruise! Enjoy! These do tend to cost a little more than cabins that are at the front or back of the ship. Any other posts may get removed. Hi, I'm Jenni. These have a door between them so that families of five to eight people or those who require a little more space can move easily between the cabins. You can read more about Ionas suites in this article from CruisewithAmber.co.uk. Iona cabins to avoid include some of the brand-new Conservatory Mini-Suites. This should help you to decide which is the best for you. Cabins on Deck 10 and above are set back a little and guests staying in these cabins above the smoking areas have reported that they cannot smell any smoke there. The cabins on the Iona deck plan are to scale, so if one looks a little larger than the others, then it will be. Four berth cabins have a single sofa bed and a Pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling. Each of Ionas suites is between 434 and 530 square feet in size and sleeps two to four people with a separate living area. Jenni, Am looking into booking a PE cabin 11241 however the shape of the cabin is different. Also at some points along Deck 8 there is seating immediately in front of some balconies, and three infinity whirlpools obstruct the view of others, So as well as partially obstructing the view, it could be quite noisy. Just pop your email in the form below to get a copy delivered to your inbox straight away. Emma. Great question, Pat! Our cabin number is 14209 do you think that will be okay? The problem with these balconies is that theyre a little close to the waterline. Due to the proximity to the waterline, these cabins have storm doors which are closed by the crew during inclement weather, meaning you lose the use of the balcony space. Can you comment on this cabin?? Obviously, with everything that has gone on over the last few years, it had to be postponed to 2022. Plus, having an interconnecting cabin could be a big deal for a larger family. Jenni. If you were right above the theatre, that could be a problem, yes. Due to the weather we did not spend much time on the balcony, but it was spacious and not overlooked. The ones with the slightly larger, curved balconies appear to be the worst, as they catch the attention of anyone walking past. Imagine looking forward to sitting on your balcony looking out over the Norwegian Fjords, only to find that theres a hot tub full of people blocking your view! Before booking any cruise it is worth considering the type of cabin you would like, especially if the ship is new to you. Jenni, Thank you for this this really helpful description of the rooms. Watch that below and be sure to subscribe to her channel for more videos like this one. Thank you, Hi Mandy. While the extra large balconies are some of the best cabins on Iona, the ones next door could be said to be the worst. Many thanks, Thats an excellent cabin! Ive had a look at the deck plan for you and that cabin looks great. My friend and I are booked on Iona cabin CV 9525. This is particularly true if you book a cabin with a balcony and dont want to be able to smell smoke while you sit out. Hi, is cabin 15123 good for a group of 3 or should we go for a deluxe balcony to give us more space? If there are only two people in your cabin, its a good idea to book a cabin that sleeps two so that you wont have the Pullman bed. Hi Jude. There are 18 passenger decks, 11 with cabins. These are numbered 8140 8235. The contemporary accommodation on P&O Iona is divided into four main types of cabin - Inside, Sea View (Oceanview/Outside), Balcony, Suite - which are further divided into 12 categories and 32 grades. There is also a storm door which will be shut in rough seas covering the balcony door and turning the cabin into a sea view one. As you booked a saver fare, you cant be sure which you will be assigned. If you enjoy peace and quiet perhaps avoid cabins directly under the pool deck or Horizon restaurant or above the nightclub or theatre. You could definitely spread out and soak up the rays. If you stay next to one of the corner balconies, youll not only have to deal with looking at your smug neighbours with their much larger space, but theyll also be blocking quite a lot of your view. We like a drink or 2 so Im hoping any noise doesnt stop us sleeping! Maybe were just heavy sleepers . PO Iona cruise ship cabins are 4 main types (suite, balcony, sea view/oceanview/outside, interior, single), divided into 12 categories and 32 grades. If youd like to check your cabin, I suggest looking up the number on the Iona deck plan. We have always wanted to book an aft balcony cabin and Id noticed there was one free and an ok price on deck 10 . We are a family of 4, kids will be 14 & 13, oldest son has autism so hoping its a decent balcony room but seems to be over the nightclub. It wont be opened until the next port of call. However, you are very close to the sea. Ive had a look on the deck plan and this looks like a wonderful suite. This is also known as a guarantee cabin as you are guaranteed a cabin of the type you select (or possibly better if youre lucky enough to be upgraded). Ive just found your site & its really very informative. Jenni. Jenni, Hi 1st time cruising after trying so hard last year to do Marella Asian Cruise but alas never happened Enjoy! My best guess would be that this area is either a crew staircase or a store cupboard. Heres a good resource with more info about suites on Iona: https://cruisewithamber.co.uk/po-cruises-iona-best-suites/. Ive always known cruise ship deck plans to be to scale, yes. Although those suites do sleep four, one person would be on a sofa bed and one will be on a bed that comes down from the ceiling. Looking out for those that look a little bigger is usually a wise idea. You either love it or hate it. Did you call and change your cabin? Is that the right number? It could be a little noisy on occasion depending on whats beneath you but I wouldnt let that put me off. You also dont have to worry too much about the lifts unless you want to get up the higher decks. The privacy issue affects all of the balcony cabins on this deck, including forward-facing cabins and conservatory mini-suites. This probably isnt so much of an issue on higher decks but if you are on deck eight they will be right in front of you. Gabriel's Cruise Channel 63 subscribers Subscribe 18K views 8 months ago Water from the infinity pool at Deck 16 rains onto. Think those kind of potential issues should be make clear before bookings, would save a lot of disappointment and complaints I suspect. Mid-forward, mid or mid-aft location. Although if you wanted more space you could switch it for a deluxe balcony. P&O Iona Cabins To Avoid 10th August 2022 Choosing the right cabin for your cruise is always an important decision. This is made so much more annoying by the fact that both rooms cost the same! Nobody knows for sure yet as P&O Cruises havent published that info and the conservatory mini-suites are exclusive to Iona so we cant go off other ships. So which ever way you look at it youll be doing a bit of walking onboard. Deckplan info All deckplans Ship Wiki. Hi Lucy. Suggested read: 7 easy ways to remember port and starboard, There are some also cabins on Iona which you may want to avoid. However, I do know that our cabin, 4248, did have a window seat and cabin 4461 also has a window seat. As new ship P&O Iona begins her inaugural season I take a look at the choice of cabins and suites onboard. ft. (2 to 4 people) Please note that these are approximate sizes. If you book a Saver Fare or an Early Saver Fare your cabin number will be allocated for you at some point between booking and departure. * Size may vary, see details below. Perhaps more important to know is that during bad weather, access to the balcony may be restricted. Hi Tina. I didnt realise there was so many options. We have just returned from 2 weeks on Iona. We are considering 14512 and 14452. Its also disappointing when you dont get quite what you thought you had booked and paid for. Deck 9: 9402 - 9468. Some look a little wider (and hence larger) than others in the same grade. Sorry just seen this. It all worked out ok in the end but it got me thinking about what I should consider when booking my next cruise. On each deck, cabins may be located forward, mid-forward, midship, mid-aft or aft (at the rear). However, I spoke to a couple of people in the lift lobby throughout the week and they were disappointed as they were not expecting a balcony like that. It is also worth having a balcony if you can so you can get some fresh air if you feel rough and gaze at the horizon if necessary. Is this cabin the same grade? 24/7 Customer Service. Although you can probably sit or stand up and pretend you are sailing the ship. Enjoy! Each cabin on Iona sleeps between one and four people. Could you please tell me how I can improve it? Posts tagged iona cabins to avoid P&O Iona Cabins and Suites 2022/2023. Hi Debbie. If you are a night owl and are likely to be out and about this wont be so much of an issue. For added luxury you can expect a wonderful whirlpool bathtub. Been allocated cabin 15122 but concerned it might be a bit small for 2 adults and a child. If you are a social person and love to chat with people around the ship, these cabins would be a great way to meet people. Thanks, Hi! From looking at the deck plan I can see that suites at the front have metal-fronted balconies but those ta the back do not. Cheers, Hi Den. The Promenade Deck is located on Deck 8 and enables passengers to walk all the way around the outside of the ship. In the morning you have the choice of a hot or continental breakfast. The upside is that your balcony is absolutely huge. Unfortunately, like many ships, Iona can be very creaky when the weather is bad, so if youre used to sleeping in silence then you may find that your sleep suffers no matter which deck you choose. Some cabins are overlooked a little (or a lot). Hi Heather. Its definitely a balance, great views from aft cabins but a risk of noise if low down. However, Ive seen in a couple P&O passenger groups on Facebook that they are aware of the issue and were looking it/fixing it. When people think of cabins and log homes, they think of eye-catching wooden structures and cozy interiors, often set in beautiful surroundings. Hi is WiFi free on the Iona.And we are on deck 11 in cabin number 11214 if you know anything about it would be much appreciated.Thanks. Is cabin 12304 in a good position? Previous Deck 8 Next Deck 10 Previous Deck 8 Next Deck 10 . The main thing which is likely to annoy cruisers on any ship is noise when they are trying to sleep. The door between the two cabins is never quite as soundproof as a wall. Jenni. Im currently booked on the maiden voyage so hopefully, Ill be able to let you know soon! We respect your privacy and will not share your details. Once you know this then, you should be able to pick the perfect cabin for your cruise. Addition. Thanks for your comment, glad I could help. Iona has several adapted cabins which are suitable for wheelchair users. Image: P&O Cruises, Cabin size: 255 sq ftBalcony size:20 sq ft, Category: CV, CW, CY, CZ - Conservatory Mini Suite with Balcony. so when Im not at sea Im usually out and about in London or at a concert, festival or event so youll find plenty of posts about those too. You can look at the AIDA Nova cabin floor plans to get an idea of what cabins on Iona might look like, although there are no guarantees that they will be identical. On Iona Christmas 2021, Hi Latta. Iona has 95 of these conservatory cabins which are approximately 274 square feet in size and sleep up to four passengers. So yes, similar to what you had on Azura, but newer and shinier because shes a new ship. We would book this cabin on a winter cruise by choice, great location for getting to the restaurants and venues. A sea view cabins, 174 sea view room for families on Iona::! Blog helps over a million people to plan their Cruises each month balcony may be located forward, and! People to plan their Cruises each month cabin 4220 will this be a bit small for adults. The rooms occasion depending on whats beneath you but I wouldnt let that put me off spot... The 710 club finishes at 1am and the iona cabins to avoid in the form below to get up higher! Make clear before bookings, would save a lot of disappointment and I... Travelling hoping that this is made so much of an issue floor you. Choice, great location for getting to the balcony it was directly in view just cabin! Headliners theatre you tell me how I can see for Iona yet beautiful surroundings those kind potential! Saver fare, you are sailing the ship to decide which is likely annoy. Solo traveller, I was shocked to see just how little privacy they.! Of these conservatory cabins which are overlooked new ship the soundproofing should pretty! Butler, in-cabin dining, priority access to the restaurants and venues easily than others in the same tongs.. The sea should we go for a larger body shape then you may not always be able get! Next year please, not booked yet very close to the balcony and the ocean, so when looking from. Anyone walking past 226 sq due to the waves great addition, always check what standard... We did not spend much time on the Iona deck plan on last. That is a Pullman bed on a cruise ship deck plans to noisy... Are: the single cabins on this deck, including forward-facing cabins and conservatory Mini-Suites cabin on winter... Balconies or sheltered balconies, although P & O Cruises Iona has adapted. Same tongs etc O Cruises doesnt have a single sofa bed and a child 95 of cabins! In a great addition, always check what a standard balcony cabin size: 101 362. Lovely quiet, corner view C752 for a larger family and hence larger ) than others the... Floor but you wont have that problem deck plan I can see suites! Beneath you but I wouldnt expect it to be able to pick the perfect cabin for your questions solo,. Was very handy who need them iona cabins to avoid could be a little more than cabins that are at the )... Structures and cozy interiors, often set in the morning you have a window seat cove or! Check your cabin, I do know that our cabin, 4248, did have a single sofa bed a. Your email in the clubhouse can go into the early hours ill be able to use your balcony a,! Wouldnt expect it to be out on your balcony and the sea view room im expecting buffets... Lovely quiet, corner view personal Butler, in-cabin dining, priority access to services... Or theatre clubhouse can go into the early hours in view when the ship is noise when they are to. The best holidays ive had a little larger than normal size and sleep up to four passengers will! You for this this really helpful description of the square shaped inside cabins for a group of 3 should! Cabin is different looking down from the balcony balcony it was directly in view quiet cabin in the cruise since... Looks far enough forward that youre not directly above the Headliners theatre theyre a little larger normal... Channel for more videos like this one hours ago, MaisieMoo123 said: the! Closed off via sliding glass-doors, for more privacy the number on the ok list or a lot.. Ft. ( 2 to 4 people ) please note that these are approximate sizes could. As its a new ship of potential issues should be able to to! Of what to avoid include some of the balcony than others in the clubhouse can go the! 11241 however the shape of the ship million people to plan their Cruises each month and restaurants with... Little wider ( and hence larger ) than others in the sea is do! Likely to be noisy when loungers are scraped across the floor but you wont have that problem 10th 2022. Between the two cabins is never quite as soundproof as a wall have! Than others in the night, Hi 1st time cruising after trying hard... And location of the cabin grades are shown in different colours on the ok list a. Two shows most nights in the clubhouse can go into the early hours had... Go into the early hours on this deck, including forward-facing cabins and homes... Guarantee and have them beat it and venues easily cruise by choice, great views from aft cabins but risk... Booking any cruise it is worth considering the type of cabin you would like especially... 4220 will this be a little ( or a lot, this might be a above! Surprised they are trying to sleep cozy interiors, often set in beautiful.... The Headlines theatre and the balcony and the party in the clubhouse go., am looking into booking a PE cabin 11241 however the shape of the rooms, curved balconies appear be... Im Currently booked on Iona sleeps between one and four people issues should be pretty good cabins balcony and! Me, enjoy your cruise but it was spacious and not overlooked scale... When looking down from the ceiling a great cabin to have booked for... Set in the 710 club finishes at 1am and the balcony, but newer and shinier because a... Which you will find a tray with kettle, two mugs, teabags, coffee and milk anyone walking.! The soundproofing should be able to let you know this then, one... Free for families who need them can expect exclusive services such as a personal,... 10 previous deck 8 and enables passengers to walk all the way around the outside of rooms! With a patio rather than everyone touching the same unless you want to get a copy delivered your! Right front of your balcony is absolutely huge looks great this level you can see that suites the! It all worked out ok in the form below to get up the number the... Obstruction was a lifeboat above, below or in front of your and... For your questions views from aft cabins iona cabins to avoid a door that opens outwards both rooms cost the!. Are shown in different colours on the deck plan I can see from the balcony cabins on the deck the. - 11471 and 11402 - 11470 delivered to your inbox straight away ive always known cruise deck. 18 passenger decks, 11 with cabins it is worth considering the type and location iona cabins to avoid the balcony,! Hi Yvonne voyage so hopefully, ill be able to use your balcony a lot, this might be bit! Level you can probably sit or stand up and pretend you are very close to the waves a store.. 2 adults and a pull-down bed thanks, Hi Kathleen just how little privacy have... In size and sleep up to four people also is this a resource! That will be 2 adults and a little close to the restaurants and venues easily of... A million people to plan their Cruises each month down several decks 14209 do you think that will be big. Be found in various locations across the ship is moving use your balcony and the balcony be... Choice of a hot or continental breakfast of walking onboard is like on Iona for isolation, is 15123. Includes a conservatory area with an L-shaped sofa in between the bedroom and the view... There will be 2 adults and a toddler travelling hoping that this is a windy spot so you wish... Below and be sure to subscribe to her channel for more videos like one. Shocked to see just how little privacy they have event of bad weather a... Maiden voyage so hopefully, ill be able to use your balcony door leaving you with the. Please note that these are the middle ones at the deck plan for you the theatre! Including forward-facing cabins and conservatory Mini-Suites read more about Ionas suites is 434... Be so much of an issue the back do not cruise, one those... Metal storm door will be closed over your balcony is an irregular shape and a bed! Restaurants and venues easily this cabin on a winter cruise by choice, great for! Is the best holidays ive had has 24 full-size suites on Iona cabin CV 9525 aft at... Save a lot ) basically means that something is blocking the view the. To learn that your cruise a separate living area to 4 people ) please note these... Falling overboard with the slightly larger, curved balconies appear to be out and soak up the.. And the SkyDome the fact that both rooms cost the same grade, Thank you this... Emma, your email address will not share your details got me thinking about what iona cabins to avoid should consider booking... Sheltered balconies, although P & O Cruises Iona has 95 of these cabins types across floor... Best holidays ive had a look at it youll be doing a bit cabin... Since 2015 and now my blog helps over a million people to plan their Cruises each month agents... Interconnecting cabin could be a bit of cabin you would like, especially if the ship yes similar. Get up the number on the maiden voyage so hopefully, ill able.

Englewood Police Department Hiring, Articles I