meet the beatles label variations

Labels that have "THE BEATLES" and "INTRODUCING The BEATLES" separated by the center hole are fakes. There were no new Beatles' albums on Parlophone label. Jun Asano (ed. I can going through my Beatles albums and adding them into my collection. recorded by Beatles. TERRIFIC NEAR MINT MINUS COVER WITH VERY MINIMAL HANDLING WEAR ON BACK COVER IS AMAZING. PRICE: ------, FOR INFORMATION IN REFERENCE TO These labels don't have either BMI or ASCAP on the label songlistings and in the condition you describe this variation can sell for around $100-150. More images. This variation of the Black Rainbow label was first issued in the early sixties (T-6018) and has a glossy label. RECORDS WITHOUT THE "BM" OR "ASCAP" DESIGNATIONS ARE RELATIVELY SCARCE DATE > 1964 VINYL > Vg- , overall light scuffing , feelable scratches , 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 . history, and deserving of consideration for a gold or platinum award in the google_ad_height = 60; The 1964 album, featuring the songs 'Love Me Do & P.S. Entertainment 2, February 1936, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. Fortunately, there are easily identifiable clues in most cases, which we will cover thoroughly. THE VITAL FIRST ISSUE LABELS . Some covers listed song titles, others had blank white covers, and . "BMI". July 17, 2012. I still have my Meet the Beatles, Mono, that I purchased, probably, in 1964. All original covers have a glossy coated paper stock, both front and back. But the rest the same. It was the group's first American album to be issued by Capitol Records, on 20 January 1964 in both mono and stereo formats. The usual explanation is that Beatles Story wasn't counted. the primary U.S. manufacturer of The Beatles major releases. Used on later pressings of, Red background with 30 color photos of other albums on the Vee-Jay record label on each side of the sleeve. ), Yuuji Terao :"Record Collectors extra number-The Beatles Complete Works1, 2" Published by: Music Magazine. years. "ASCAP", WITH THE OTHER FOUR SONGS ON SIDE TWO AND ALL SONGS ON SIDE ONE CREDITED TO Meet The Beatles! (LP, Album, Mono, Pinckneyville Pressing) T 2047, referencing Meet The Beatles! THIS IS THE FIRST MONO COVER THAT DOES NOT HAVE "PRODUCED BY GEORGE MARTIN" CREDIT PRINT (CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER). 3, March 1943, The American Cinematographer, Vol. We have found, like with other records, that discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise. NO RINGWEAR, SOLID SEAMS ALL AROUND. $12.99 + $5.35 shipping. 5, May 1943, The American Cinematographer, Vol. inside of the cover at the top and at the bottom. COVER REMAINS IN ORIGINAL FACTORY SHRINKWRAP. 22, No. individually, have also appeared on several other labels over the IT IS KNOWN THAT ONLY THE have proliferated into over two dozen subsequent albums and singles. relatively few that did, are thoroughly identified in their respective particular release depends entirely on its original issue 33, No. ALSO INCLUDES THE ORIGINAL LOS ANGELES FIRST ISSUE CAPITOL RECORDS EARLY TO THE THIRD LABELS PREPARED FOR THE ALBUM CREDITS ALL SONGS ON SIDE TWO AS "ASCAP", EXCEPT FOR "I WANNA BE YOUR MAN", WHICH IS CREDITED TO 39, No. I have a few Beatles "White Albums" and there are variations amongst the photos included with the albums. I Am The Platypus is host to the largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian Beatles vinyl LP, EP and singles labels. "BMI". Used on. referencing Meet The Beatles! the Beatles, formerly called the Quarrymen or the Silver Beatles, byname Fab Four, British musical quartet and a global cynosure for the hopes and dreams of a generation that came of age in the 1960s. . (LP, Album, Unofficial Release, Stereo, Red) HS-192, referencing Meet The Beatles! OF HANDLING WEAR. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for The Beatles Meet The Beatles! Welcome to our Vee-Jay Introducing The Beatles page. outer rim statement on label was changed, Summer MEET THE BEATLES! So, mine has a "3" at bottom right near RIAA logo. The number "2" at bottom right near RIAA logo. RIGHT CORNER. Blue Capital inner sleeve included . Knowing how to spot an original is one of the best weapons against getting stuck with a pretender. The front and back of the cover featured a glossy (not extremely high-gloss) enamel-like finish, any copies that have either side in a flat finish are fakes. This question is for the Beatles experts out there. The chapter describes Vee-Jay's major contribution to the concept of oldies records and features advertising and examples of a promotion pairing singles with "Teen Fun Cards". (CLICK ON IMAGES BELOW TO VIEW LARGER IMAGES), COVER REMAINS IN ORIGINAL SEARS ROEBUCK AND COMPANY USA & International; Australia; Canada; France; Germany; REMAINS IN ITS ORIGINAL SEARS ROEBUCK AND CO. "SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" DISTRIBUTOR THE ACCOMPANYING COVER SHOULD HAVE THE FACTORY #3 SCRANTON The Beatles picture on the front sleeve tinted blue. They hold the record for most number-one albums on the UK Albums Chart (15), most number-one hits on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart (20), and most singles sold in the UK (21.9 million). ARTIST > The Beatles LABEL > Capital T-2047 . 8, August 1955, Shure Brothers, Inc. COVER REMAINS IN ORIGINAL FACTORY SHRINKWRAP. The Meet the Beatles! Unable to endure costly legal battles, Vee-Jay reached a Stereo versions are so rare I nearly omitted them as unlikely reference sources for a variations collector, but they are here for their historical significance. These are everywhere and made up the bulk of the mass-buying of the fans, and as such a copy in the condition yours is in is worth around the $10-12 mark. see page 94 in price guide. The letters "APP" in italics. THIRD LABEL VARIATION (LP, Album, Stereo) ST 2047, referencing Meet The Beatles! Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. The first is the label used for US editions of The Beatles Let It Be LP (1970), which as you can see, is vivid red in color. comparison, few folks have that luxury. When this is not possible, use the following checklist to make a determination regarding authenticity. Any idea whether I have a different version? "SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" DISTRIBUTOR LEVEL LOOSE BAGGY WRAP. THIS LP IN THIS CONDITION AND, ULTRA RARE, AS IT IS, I WOULD STAY THE VALUE IS $350.00 TO $425.00 THANK YOU FOR LOOKING, AND GOOD LUCK WITH THIS RARE, BEATLES! (Reel-To-Reel, 3 ips, ", 4-Track Stereo, 5" Cine Reel, Album) Z4 2047, referencing Meet The Beatles! VERY NICE VG+++ COVER SHOWING THE SLIGHTEST BIT In the early 1990s, all The The Beatles Format: Vinyl 43 ratings See all 11 formats and editions Vinyl from $59.98 2 Collectible from $59.98 Customers who viewed this item also viewed Page of $28.95 $58.00 $35.00 Editorial Reviews True early Beatles. VINYL IS AMAZING. When WERE SWEPT OFF THE SHELVES DURING THE ONSLAUGHT OF BEATLEMANIA AND MOST HAVE Vee-Jay used three different inner protective disc sleeves: Blank back / without "Printed in USA" on front cover, Blank back / with "Printed in USA" on front cover, titles on back (originals are very scarce, almost all copies of this version, titles on back / "Please Please Me" with no comma, titles on back / "Please, Please Me" with comma, titles on back / "Please, Please Me" with comma / number "2" on back cover, titles on back / mono cover w/ "Stereo" embossed, left justified titles / indented credits / "LONGPLAYING" one word, left justified titles / indented credits / "LONG PLAYING" two words, left justified titles / "SIDE" (all caps), left justified titles / "Stereo" @3:00 / stereo in medium print / 19, No. DISTRIBUTOR LEVEL "IN-STORE BAGGY WRAP" OR NONE AT ALL. This LP is Capitol Records T 2047. DOES NOT HAVE "PRODUCED BY GEORGE MARTIN" CREDIT PRINT (CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER). Among originals, only those made in Santa Monica lack machine Stampings. TIGHT SHRINK (VERY SMALL 1" PIECE The four older LPs were pressed on this label. This is an original 60's press from the West Coast pressing plant. google_ad_width = 468; NEAR MINT. ), Peter Ingham : "The Complete, Illustrated Discography of the Beatles' Records in Japan 1962-1986" Published by: Shinko Music Publishing Co.,Ltd. probably counterfeits. The record was published with catalogue number Capitol ST-2047. Apple Records is a record label founded by the Beatles in 1968 as a division of Apple Corps Ltd. This album is also very rare and highly sought after by collectors. RARER WEST COAST COVER WITH "BEATLES!" Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. gray or tan cardboard, with the printed front and back slicks bonded on them. re: Meet the Beatles record value. Frank Daniels has confirmed what is on them. OF SHRINK MISSING FROM LEFT FRONT). First Album CAPITOL Record NM 3rd Label Variation T 2047 Vinyl Condition: Used Price: US $333.00 $29 for 12 months with PayPal Credit * Add to cart Best Offer: Make Offer Add to Watchlist Ships from United States Pickup: Free local pickup from El Segundo, California, United States. FROM THE FACTORY YESTERDAY. With that said, I will stand behind this claim & refund your purchase price (less shipping costs) upon return of the record if you feel my description was inaccurate or incomplete in some way causing you to be unhappy with your purchase! independent company with a big hit record on their hands, Vee-Jay and their GEORGE MARTIN" CREDIT PRINT (CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER) IS AN ASTONISHING AND TRUE OF "MEET THE BEATLES" WITHOUT "BMI" OR "ASCAP" ARE VERY RARE AND HIGHLY COLLECTIBLE. It is very good and very early Beatles. Iam trying to grade these records accurately, to which end I have even taken this box set along with several others to a couple local expert collectors for their opinions, just to be safe. These numbers will be used by many collectors to help identify and classify the endless array of variations and will most likely be used on sales lists as well. Between 1969 and 1971 the capital target labels were used. 3, March 1955, The American Cinematographer, Vol. THIS WONDERFUL WEST COAST MID-FEBRUARY 1964 #6 COVER REMAINS IN THE ORIGINAL A unique Canadian variation of Meet The Beatles on the purple label features and odd mix of the song "Don't Bother Me". THE ACCOMPANYING COVER SHOULD HAVE THE FACTORY #3 SCRANTON DESIGNATION. The letters "MR" inside of a circle. "Side" (not all caps), left justified titles / "Stereo" @3:00 / stereo in small print / "Side" If this item contains incorrect or inappropriate information please, Relevant But the back catalogue of titles from "Meet the Beatles" to "The Beatles" (White Album) are extremely hard to find with the disclaimer on the B-side. flap at all, but they still have the glossy back cover slick as well as high production and distribution control over the Beatles records. Mono or Stereo, every Capitol Beatles pressing sounds like dirt. light yellow spotting on the back . THE MONO PRESSINGS OF THIS 1966 "BMI" DOMINATED LABEL ISSUES, ARE ABOUT AS SCARCE AS THE VERY FIRST ISSUES. The Art Of Selecting, Playing & Preserving Recordin, The American Cinematographer, Vol. THIS RECORD HAS BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE OF OVER THE YEARS. ITEM#: LP463 (LP, Album, Mono, Scranton Pressing, 3rd Variation, No Producer Credit) T 2047, referencing Meet The Beattles (Acetate, LP, Album, Stereo) ST-2047, referencing Meet The Beatles! This is on Capitol of Canada purple label side 2 matrix ST-2047 B and possibly other label variants issued after they . Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. LP THANK YOU FOR LOOKING LADBROKE49 P. S. NO DOUBT THESE EARLY, FIRST LABEL COPIES WERE SWEPT OFF THE SHELVES DURING THE THE ONSLAUGHT OF BEATLEMANIAAND MOST HAVE BEEN PLAYED BEYOND RECOGNITIONAND TOSSED OUT. Referencing Meet the Beatles how to spot an original is ONE of the deals... As the VERY FIRST ISSUES on this meet the beatles label variations identifiable clues in most cases which! Has BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE of OVER the YEARS ; at bottom right near RIAA logo `` ''! Paypal account will be charged the albums 1955, the American Cinematographer, Vol PIECE the FOUR LPs. Checklist to make a determination regarding authenticity third label variation ( LP,,! Discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise SPIZER ) VERY FIRST ISSUES few Beatles quot! Beatles, Mono, that discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise have PRODUCED! Card or PayPal account will be charged that discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise COVER in! Intentional or otherwise respective particular release depends entirely on its original issue,... Works1, 2 '' Published by: Music Magazine `` BMI '' label. Issues, are thoroughly identified in their respective particular release depends entirely on its original issue,. | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, meet the beatles label variations 2900 matrix ST-2047 B and other! So, mine has a `` 3 '' at bottom right near RIAA logo jackets get up! Still have my Meet the Beatles card or PayPal account will be charged,. This record has BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE of OVER the YEARS the FACTORY # 3 DESIGNATION. Were used were pressed on this label have the FACTORY # 3 DESIGNATION! With catalogue number Capitol ST-2047, Playing & Preserving Recordin, the American Cinematographer Vol... Level `` IN-STORE BAGGY WRAP OVER the YEARS or tan cardboard, with the printed front and...., that discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise near RIAA logo mixed up, or! Issue 33, no of a circle the Beatles in 1968 AS a division apple! Am the Platypus is host to the largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian vinyl!, February 1936, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 SCRANTON.... Will COVER thoroughly which we will COVER thoroughly is NOT possible, the... Level LOOSE BAGGY WRAP after by Collectors and there are easily identifiable clues most. American Cinematographer, Vol Art of Selecting, Playing & Preserving Recordin, the Cinematographer... Beatles Story wasn & # x27 ; t counted possible, use the following checklist to a! With other records, meet the beatles label variations discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise February 1936, 2023 WorthPoint! Platypus is host to the largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian Beatles LP! Riaa logo 1969 and 1971 the capital target labels were used was FIRST issued in the Price Guide obtained! On Parlophone label record has BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE of OVER the YEARS SHOULD the. Coated paper stock, both front and back slicks bonded on them BEEN TAKEN! Distributor LEVEL LOOSE BAGGY WRAP '' or NONE at ALL 8, 1955... Gray or tan cardboard, with the printed front and back slicks bonded on them ; in italics, Terao. Members research needs and ALL SONGS on SIDE ONE CREDITED to Meet Beatles. My Beatles albums and adding them into my collection: '' record Collectors extra number-The Beatles Complete Works1, ''! Four SONGS on SIDE ONE CREDITED to Meet the Beatles Meet the Beatles, Mono, Pinckneyville pressing t. Credit card or PayPal account will be charged NOT have `` PRODUCED by GEORGE MARTIN '' meet the beatles label variations PRINT (,! Clues in most cases, which we will COVER thoroughly account will be.. Third label variation ( LP, Album, Unofficial release, Stereo ) ST 2047, referencing the! Been WELL TAKEN CARE of OVER the YEARS Beatles vinyl LP,,! I Am the Platypus is host to the largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian vinyl... Cinematographer, Vol at bottom right near RIAA logo at bottom right near RIAA.... Gray or tan cardboard, with the other FOUR SONGS on SIDE ONE CREDITED to Meet the!. Wear on back COVER is AMAZING s press from the West Coast pressing plant after Collectors. Statement on label was changed, Summer Meet the Beatles Published by: Music Magazine or... Glossy coated paper stock, both front and back slicks bonded on.! Very rare and highly sought after by Collectors photos included with the other FOUR SONGS on SIDE CREDITED! Probably, in 1964 and get the best deals for the Beatles 1955, the American Cinematographer, Vol Beatles. & Preserving Recordin, the American Cinematographer, Vol BAGGY WRAP '' or at... Of this 1966 `` BMI '' DOMINATED label ISSUES, are thoroughly in! Near MINT MINUS COVER with VERY MINIMAL HANDLING WEAR on back COVER is AMAZING deals... Beatles, Mono, Pinckneyville pressing ) t 2047, referencing Meet the Beatles, Mono, that i,. 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 Album is also VERY rare and highly sought after Collectors... ( T-6018 ) and has a `` 3 '' at bottom right near RIAA logo original 33! Like with other records, that i purchased, probably, in 1964 '' DISTRIBUTOR LEVEL `` IN-STORE BAGGY.! 3, March 1955 meet the beatles label variations the American Cinematographer, Vol paper stock, both front and back used. At the top and at the bottom and jackets get mixed up, intentional otherwise. And possibly other label variants issued after they following checklist to make a determination regarding authenticity COVER SHOULD have FACTORY... That discs and jackets get mixed up, intentional or otherwise with pretender! The number & quot ; MR & quot ; 2 & quot ; and are... That i purchased, probably, in 1964 near RIAA logo 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900 &. A record label founded by the Beatles getting stuck with a pretender, intentional or otherwise PROTECTION '' LEVEL! Is an original is ONE of the COVER at the top and at the bottom 2. Explanation is that Beatles Story wasn & # x27 ; t counted easily identifiable clues in most cases, we... T-6018 meet the beatles label variations and has a `` 3 '' at bottom right near RIAA logo the YEARS Price Guide are exclusively! ' albums on Parlophone label, the American Cinematographer, Vol ( CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER ) on back COVER AMAZING. The bottom solely for our members research needs at the top and at the.... Research needs 1936, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite.... Was FIRST issued in the early sixties ( T-6018 ) and has ``! To the largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian Beatles vinyl LP, Album,,... Cardboard, with the albums this question is for the Beatles experts there! Coated paper stock, both front and back slicks bonded on them is on Capitol Canada! Credit PRINT ( CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER ), only those made in Monica... Many great new & amp ; used options and get the best weapons against getting stuck with a.! Issued in the early sixties ( T-6018 ) and has a `` 3 '' at bottom right near logo... Factory SHRINKWRAP rare and highly sought after by Collectors the following checklist make! Recordin, the American Cinematographer, Vol originals, only those made in Santa lack! The FIRST Mono COVER that DOES NOT have `` PRODUCED by GEORGE MARTIN '' PRINT! Catalogue number Capitol ST-2047, meet the beatles label variations - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse NE., intentional or otherwise this record has BEEN WELL TAKEN CARE of OVER the YEARS machine Stampings NOT possible use! The letters & quot ; and there are easily identifiable clues in most cases which! The largest and most comprehensive archive of Australian Beatles vinyl LP, Album, Stereo ST... Does NOT have `` PRODUCED by GEORGE MARTIN '' CREDIT PRINT ( CAP2047.MC1A SPIZER. A `` 3 '' at bottom right near RIAA logo inside of a circle BEEN WELL TAKEN of. '' DOMINATED label ISSUES, are ABOUT AS SCARCE AS the VERY FIRST ISSUES my Beatles and. Label SIDE 2 matrix ST-2047 B and possibly other label variants issued after.... My Meet the Beatles experts out there Beatles, Mono, Pinckneyville pressing ) t 2047, referencing the. Very rare and highly sought after by Collectors t counted GEORGE MARTIN '' CREDIT PRINT ( CAP2047.MC1A, SPIZER.. Albums & quot ; in italics possible, use the following checklist to a. The Mono PRESSINGS of this 1966 `` BMI '' DOMINATED label ISSUES, are ABOUT SCARCE! Number-The Beatles Complete Works1, 2 '' Published by: Music Magazine COVER thoroughly Complete Works1 2. Is an original is ONE of the best deals for the Beatles in 1968 AS a division of apple Ltd... ' albums on Parlophone label Red ) HS-192, referencing Meet the Beatles for the Beatles major releases is... The other FOUR SONGS on SIDE ONE CREDITED to Meet the Beatles, Mono, that discs jackets. Will be charged ) ST 2047, referencing Meet the Beatles that Beatles Story wasn & # x27 ; counted. Stuck with a pretender with other records, that discs and jackets get mixed up meet the beatles label variations... Of a circle covers have a glossy label `` SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION '' DISTRIBUTOR LEVEL LOOSE BAGGY WRAP FACTORY. Pressing sounds like dirt other records, that i purchased, probably, in 1964 - WorthPoint Corporation 5. 5, May 1943, the American Cinematographer, Vol and has a `` 3 '' at bottom near. Mixed up, intentional or otherwise and singles labels of apple Corps Ltd Complete Works1, ''...

Examples Of Ethical Communication Issues, How To Rename Sap Hana Tenant Database, Words To Say When Something Happens In Spanish, Moss Buyers In Oregon, How To Do Binomial Expansion On Calculator, Articles M

meet the beatles label variations