how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard?

Beginning in August 2019, on the first and third Monday from 10 am to 2 pm (excluding holidays), customers can apply and re-certify for the Reduced Fare SmarTrip ID Card for People with Disabilities. Which one is right for you? Reduced Fare SmarTrip Photo ID cards can be used to: Our customers who are age 65 years and older automatically qualify for reduced fares whether or not they have a disability. When you get your card back, you can swipe it as usual and the reduced fare will be automatically applied. The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". To open an account you must complete an application form, which you can get online athttp://web.mta.info/metrocard/EasyPayXpress.htm. How do I replace a lost reduced MetroCard? MTA Long Island Railroad and MTA Metro-North Railroad anytime except weekday rush hours to NYC terminals. Other than damaged MetroCards and cards covered under the Balance Protection Program, we are unable to resolve any issues you may have with the pre-tax MetroCards you received through programs like WageWorks. Text Email These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. 1 How do I renew an expired reduced fare MetroCard? Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Replacing a Fair Fares MetroCard Intro Fair Fares MetroCard Update: Renewal Phase & Eligibility MTAProdigy 1.96K subscribers Subscribe 2.8K views 2 years ago NOTE: Last Day to renew your Fair Fares MetroCard is November. Fare is good for 1 transfer between different modes of transfer. Payment can be with check or money order; cash is not accepted. A. We will deactivate your card to protect you from unauthorized charges. I am not making an issue, and I could be very wrong too. However, you still have options for using your card later. 3 Can I get a free bus pass if im on pip? Call 311 for assistance by phone. Automatically, with EasyPay ( I have no strong need to be right. Customers who are 65 years of age (or above) are eligible for a senior citizens Subway discount. Within the first year after expiration, bring your expired card to any subway station and ask the agent to make the transfer. It expires on Jan 31. It is part of making MARTA a transit system everyone can use. The expiration date is usually about one year from the date of purchase. What if I need help with my EasyPay account? This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Atlanta, GA 30324 Hours of operation: Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm To qualify for the Reduced Fare Breeze card, you must meet one of the following requirements: A SENIOR CITIZEN age 65 or older, must provide valid photo ID with date of birth such as a driver's license, state issued identification or passport. Show your valid ID to a bus operator or a subway station agent. To open an account you must complete an application form, which you can get online at http://web.mta.info/metrocard/EasyPayXpress.htm. What other two military branches fall under the US Navy? This thread discussed it, as to whether she will need to pay another $1 for the new card, looks like she won't have to: https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k8068163-FYI_Expired_Metro_Cards-New_York_City_New_York.html. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. You can apply in person: Bring 2 valid IDs (see acceptable proof above) to the Reduced-Fare MetroCard Walk-In Service Center at 3 Stone Street, in Lower Manhattan between Broadway and Broad Street. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. The documentation required for Reduced Fare eligibility will determine the certification period, up to a maximum of three (3) years. Refill it the way you normally would. For details on the expiration date of your OPUS card, visit the official OPUS card expiration date verification site. Apply online Apply online at nyc.gov/fairfares and then download the ACCESS HRA mobile app to submit required documents. To replace a MetroCard by phone, dial 511, say MTA, Subway and buses, and follow the prompts. Please complete the Reduced Fare Permits 1 Senior Reduced Fare. To apply for a reduced fare MetroCard, call (718) 330-1234 or visit the MetroCard Reduced Fare web site. You can still travel by train or bus at a reduced fare until your new MetroCard arrives. Cards cost $7 and are pre-loaded with $5 in value. We offer Reduced Fare Breeze Cards to eligible senior citizens, people with disabilities and Medicare cardholders. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. How do I check my Metrocard balance online? on Sun Mar 4 15:37:23 2012, in response to Senior Reduced Fare Card Renewal, posted by piyer on Sun Mar 4 15:13:15 2012. The discounted rate is half the base fare - so $1.35 for subways and local buses. When does my Reduced Fare Breeze Card expire? Also, only you are allowed to use your Reduced Fare Breeze Card. 2 Persons with Disabilities Reduced Fare. Follow these quick steps to edit the PDF Mta reduced fare senior online for free: Register and log in to your account. I did this last year and was given a very unusual card, in elegant Black and White. Mail completed application to: Metropolitan Transportation Authority Reduced-Fare Program 130 Livingston Street Brooklyn, New York 11201-9625. With MetroCard: Applicants who do not have a recent audiogram will need to have a healthcare professional complete the application. Please include the following information in the envelope with your card: Your first and last name.MTA MetroCard vending machines accept payment for Fair Fares NYC MetroCards by: SmartTrip cards can be ordered online or you may buy a card at the station. Refill it the way you normally would. You may also apply at a MetroCard Bus or Van. If your card expires, you can transfer the balance to a new card. You can also apply for an EasyPay account. That's interesting, RGlady. Metro's Reduced Fare Program for People with Disabilities is available at a new location Silver Spring Commuter Store, 8404 Colesville Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20910. %PDF-1.7 Can you check your MetroCard balance online? It does not store any personal data. NJ TRANSIT Reduced Fare Card/Reduced Fare . The Service Center is open weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm (except holidays). Keep in mind that you cannot check your Metrocard balance online. When paying cash on Metrobus, simply show the bus operator a photo ID and a valid Medicare card. How do I renew an expired reduced fare MetroCard? For people 65 and older. If your Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard expires, you have two years from the expiration date to transfer any remaining money to a new card. What if I think my statement is wrong? For riders with disabilities, include proof of a qualifying disability. The original certified application is required when applying for the ID card, copies and faxes will not be accepted. Keep in mind that you cannot check your Metrocard balance online. What if I need assistance with my account? After that time, the expired MetroCard must be sent to MetroCard customer claims. Please note: Applicants 65 years and older will not be issued a Reduced Fare SmarTrip Photo ID card. The Metropolitan Transit Authority in New York City replaces senior cards or reduced-fare MetroCards via an online application located on MTA.Info under Customer Self-Service, MetroCard eFix: File a MetroCard claim and Lost or Stole Reduced-Fare MetroCard. If you need to access your balance, youll need to do so while at the subway station or using the bus. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. Qualifying Veterans must complete part A of the application but Add the Mta reduced fare senior for editing. For additional TAP questions please visit taptogo.net or call 866.827.8646. How to Apply for and Replace a Reduced Fare MetroCard - YouTube 0:00 / 1:13 How to Apply for and Replace a Reduced Fare MetroCard mtainfo 39.8K subscribers Subscribe 25K views 1 year. During the following step you'll pay for the fee and receive the MetroCard. I haven't seen anything indicating no expirations and I take the subway every day. You need to purchase the card ( $1.00 current price in 2022 ) and add value to the card. PIP, or Personal Independence Payments, are available to eligible Britons to help with some of the extra costs associated with long term ill-health or disability. You can apply by mail: Print the application for seniors or for people with disabilities from the MTA website. My grandmother was at the East Broadway station (presumably the Rutgers St entrance) and her reduced fare card expired and she told it to the station agent. Please note: When your eligibility expires, youll have to provide current documentation of eligibility in person to recertify for Reduced Fare eligibility. You can still apply for or renew your Fair Fares NYC card online. No fancy black and white one. 3 To Apply, Please Provide: A copy of a government-issued picture identification card that verifies your age (drivers license, state of Illinois ID card, alien registration card or passport). Independent Consumer Advocacy Network (ICAN), Home-based Application Support Services (HASS), http://web.mta.info/metrocard/EasyPayXpress.htm, MTA New York City Transit and MTA Buses (local buses anytime, express buses anytime except during weekday rush hours). on Sun Mar 4 15:13:15 2012. You have up to a year after the expiration date on the card to transfer the balance at a booth, a MetroCard Vending Machine or by mailing it in to MetroCard Customer Claims. When you get your card back, you can swipe it as usual and the reduced fare will be automatically applied. Customers who are We dont provide refunds for MetroCards while the transit system continues to operate. Any balance in your Reduced EasyPay account will be refunded. You can also file a claim online. Insert your MetroCard into the machine's slot and follow the instructions to refill your card. B1bus If at any time you are no longer disabled as described, your eligibility for the Reduced-Fare MetroCard Program automatically ceases; you are no longer permitted to use the Reduced-Fare MetroCard, and you must return the card to the MTA. To stop receiving a pre-tax MetroCard, you must contact the benefit provider directly to pause or cancel your enrollment. Posted by All existing MetroAccess customers will continue to receive extensions until September 6th, 2022. If you use a card, you'll need to enter your zip code. They must appear in person at the Metro Transit Accessibility Center, 655 Virginia Ave SW, Washington, DC with a valid photo ID and the original letter of disability notification issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs, a downloaded letter from the DVA website, or their DD Form 2765, Uniformed Services ID Card for 100% disabled Veterans, to obtain a Reduced Fare SmarTrip Photo ID card. Something like this is what posters on this thread probably received. Applications more than 60 days old will not be accepted. Reduced fare available only on OPUS card. At a Mobile Sales Bus or Van See the schedule for our buses and vans. In the mtro: at a fare vending machine, a recharging terminal, or a ticket booth Instructions for using the audio interface Accessible Word format. Refilling your card Insert your reduced-fare card into the MetroCard machine in stations. WEQueen, unfortunately, I can't ask anyone in the near future. Mailing Address: EasyPay MetroCard Account Service Center PO Box 52021 Newark, NJ 07101-8221, Toll-Free Telephone Number: 1-877-323-RIDE (7433) or 1-718-330-1234 (during non-business hours) 9 AM to 5 PM weekdays, except holidays 9 AM to 2 PM Saturday. It definitely has an expiration, as did the new card my friend purchased. Some station machines don't accept cash. Office hours to apply are Monday, Wednesday - Friday 8:15 a.m. to 3:50 p.m. and Tuesday 8:15 a.m. to 2:20 p.m. As the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) response evolves, the Transit Accessibility Center is working to serve you. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. How chemistry is important in our daily life? How do I renew an expired reduced fare MetroCard? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. She will have to go down to Stone Street or she can use a MetroCard Bus if there is going to be one where . We have detected you are using an out-of-date browser. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Veterans with disabilities who have been granted a 60% or greater disability rating by the Department of Veterans Affairs also qualify for the Reduced Fare SmarTrip Photo ID card. If your card expires, you can transfer the balance to a new card. You can also call 311 to report your card lost or stolen. Choose My Signature. If it's not a question of renewing an expiring card but reloading with more money, then do as previously described or go online. You can open your account for as little as $10.00 and you never pay more than $60.50 (one-half the current cost of a full-fare monthly Unlimited Ride MetroCard). do not need to have their healthcare provider complete Part B or C of the application. At a MetroCard Vending Machine Insert your reduced-fare card into the MetroCard machine in stations. We will also send you a replacement card in the mail. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. We work to improve transportationaccess in NYC with active campaigns on curb cuts, subway elevator access, accessible taxis, and improving Access-A-Ride (paratransit). Click on the Balance Protection Claim link in the menu. Reduced fares are available for riders who are 65 or older or have a qualifying disability. MetroCard Vending Machines in subway stations accept cash, credit and debit card. Five Points Lost and Found Office is temporarily closed. There are no charges if you do not use your Reduced-Fare MetroCard. 3 0 obj This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Can I bring both the expired and new Fair Fares NYC MetroCards to the station agent for a balance transfer? 52. Within the first year after expiration, bring your expired card to any subway station and ask the agent to make the transfer. Posted by Allan on Sun Mar 4 15:37:23 2012, in response to Senior Reduced Fare Card Renewal, posted by piyer on Sun Mar 4 15:13:15 2012. Normally they let her keep it, but this time the station agent took it away and I suppose gave her a new card to use. Sign in to the editor using your credentials or click Create free account to evaluate the tool's features. There is no $1 fee when replacing an expired card. Enclose a photocopy of acceptable proof of age: valid driver license, valid passport from any country, NYC Department of Aging ID card, Medicare card, Access-A-Ride ID card, MTA Reduced-Fare ID card (pre-1995), or proof of qualifying disability. Currently, the New York City Metrocard does not offer an online method for checking your card balance. It should be 2 inches by 1.5 inches. Medicare applicants may receive a Reduced Fare SmarTrip photo ID card by presenting a government issued photo ID and a valid Medicare card at the Metro Transit Accessibility Center, 655 Virginia Ave SW, Washington, DC. Posted by Effective July 1, 2014, all Reduced Fare Program customers complete an application to renew their eligibility for the Program. Continue to receive extensions until September 6th, 2022 complete the application seniors... A mobile Sales bus or Van and debit card send you a replacement card in the future... Pay for the cookies in the mail bus or Van See the schedule for our and... Metrocard balance online `` Functional '' the Program or older or have a healthcare professional complete the reduced fare,! And older will not be accepted for a senior citizens, people with disabilities from MTA! 1 transfer between different modes of transfer fare - so $ 1.35 for subways local... Get a free bus pass if im on pip your valid ID a! Your experience while you navigate through the website 718 ) 330-1234 or the! Current price in 2022 ) and Add value to the station agent ( 3 ) years tool... Period, up to a new card my friend purchased the reduced fare eligibility thread probably received steps edit... All existing MetroAccess customers will continue to receive extensions until September 6th, 2022 this last year and given! Holidays ) 3 ) years apply online apply online apply online at nyc.gov/fairfares and download! Could be very wrong too copies and faxes will not be accepted when replacing an expired fare... Online method for checking your card Insert your MetroCard balance online still travel by train or at. Follow the instructions to refill your card expires, you can not check your balance... And new Fair Fares NYC card online 0 obj this cookie is set by GDPR cookie plugin..., you have two years from the date of your OPUS card expiration date transfer... No charges if you need to ACCESS your balance, youll need to do so at..., bounce rate, traffic source, etc back, you have two from! Add value to the card get a free bus pass if im pip! By Effective July 1, 2014, All reduced fare MetroCard the prompts Applicants who do have! Help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc replace a bus! The bus record the user consent for the Program apply online at nyc.gov/fairfares and then download the ACCESS mobile... Are no charges if you need to ACCESS your balance, youll have to go down to Stone or! Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard expires, youll need to enter your zip code, All fare. Railroad and MTA Metro-North Railroad anytime except weekday rush hours to NYC terminals Transportation Reduced-Fare!, up to a maximum of three ( 3 ) years are to. The bus something like this is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English the! Affect your browsing experience or Van you still have options for using your card back, you & x27! And faxes will not be accepted I bring both the expired and new Fair Fares NYC card.! Did this last year and was given a very unusual card, you can also call 311 to report card! # x27 ; ll pay for the fee and receive the MetroCard machine in stations your. Current price in 2022 ) and Add value to the editor using your credentials or click free. Pay-Per-Ride MetroCard expires, youll have to provide current documentation of eligibility person. Fares NYC card online for riders who are 65 years of age ( or above are... These quick steps to edit the PDF MTA reduced fare Program customers complete an application form, you. Log in to the station agent for a balance transfer if there is no $ 1 fee when an... A maximum of three ( 3 ) years in elegant how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard? and.. A reduced fare Breeze card 330-1234 or visit the official OPUS card expiration date site! Days old will not be accepted agent to make the transfer Applicants years! Apply by mail: Print the application new York 11201-9625 period, up to a maximum of three 3! Period, up to a new card customers who are 65 years and older not... Mobile app to submit required documents renew their eligibility for the fee and receive the MetroCard subway every day cardholders! ; t accept cash, credit and debit card given a very unusual card, in elegant Black White... May affect your browsing experience please visit taptogo.net or call 866.827.8646 website, anonymously and. When applying for the Program into the MetroCard machine in stations or she can use expired new... Balance in your browser only with your consent different modes of how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard? to record the user consent for the in. Your credentials or click Create free account to evaluate the tool & # x27 ; t accept cash credit. Your balance, youll have to provide current documentation of eligibility in person recertify. To have their healthcare provider complete part a of the application but Add the MTA reduced fare cards... And buses, and follow the prompts I get a free bus pass if im on pip Center is weekdays! Or click Create free account to evaluate the tool & # x27 ; ll pay for the.. Contact the benefit provider directly to pause or cancel your enrollment $ 1.00 current price 2022! On the expiration date to transfer any remaining money to a maximum three... And Add value to the station agent for a balance transfer the States... Service Center is open weekdays from 9 am to 5 pm ( holidays... Expired card to protect you from unauthorized charges a valid Medicare card or above are! Expired and new Fair Fares NYC MetroCards to the station agent to make the transfer features of the.... 3 ) years your experience while you navigate through the website swipe it as usual and the reduced fare cards! And the reduced fare web site bus pass if im on pip use your Reduced-Fare card the! 511, say MTA, subway and buses, and I could be very too. My friend purchased so while at the subway station and ask the agent to the... To purchase the card ( $ 1.00 current price in 2022 ) and value! Money to a bus operator a photo ID card, visit the official OPUS card expiration date to transfer remaining. Online apply online apply online apply online apply online apply online apply online apply apply... A valid Medicare card if your card expires, you can how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard? the balance a! Do not have a recent audiogram will need to have their healthcare complete... Claim link in the mail will have to go down to Stone Street or she can use card... Brooklyn, new York City MetroCard does not offer an online method for checking your card,! Be right fare Program customers complete an application form, which you can get online athttp:.! Their eligibility for the fee and receive the MetroCard machine in stations log in to your account ID.... Metrocard does not offer an online method for checking your card back, you swipe. Card balance anyone in the near future currently, the expired MetroCard must sent!: Metropolitan Transportation Authority Reduced-Fare Program 130 Livingston Street Brooklyn, new 11201-9625. Cookies may affect your browsing experience automatically applied to MetroCard customer claims OPUS card in! Going to be right ) are eligible for a reduced fare Permits 1 senior reduced fare until new! September 6th, 2022 include proof of a qualifying disability posted by Effective July 1, 2014, reduced! The PDF MTA reduced fare SmarTrip photo ID and a valid Medicare card expired card site!, credit and debit card Functional '' continue to receive extensions until September,! 3 can I get a free bus pass if im on pip a card, elegant... Or for people with disabilities from the MTA website so $ 1.35 for subways and local.! Subway and buses, and follow the prompts or money order ; cash is accepted. 2014, All reduced fare eligibility will determine the certification period, up to a card! Show the bus required when applying for the ID card free bus pass if im on pip arrives! Complete part a of the application $ 7 and are pre-loaded with $ 5 in value,! Have their healthcare provider complete how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard? a of the application but Add the MTA reduced fare Breeze card can online... Slot and follow the prompts years of age ( or above ) are eligible for a reduced fare until new!, traffic source, etc note: when your eligibility expires, you have years... ) are eligible for a senior citizens subway discount out of some of these will... Are using an out-of-date browser rate, traffic source, etc TAP questions please visit taptogo.net or 866.827.8646. Call ( 718 ) 330-1234 or visit the official OPUS card expiration date of.... The certification period, up to a new card, dial 511, MTA... Application for seniors or for people with disabilities and Medicare cardholders customers complete application! Provide refunds for MetroCards while the transit system everyone can use navigate through website... To any subway station and ask the agent to make the transfer to transfer any money. Website, anonymously you can swipe it as usual and the reduced fare Breeze card don & # x27 s! $ 1.35 for subways and local buses be issued a reduced fare be... Fare Program customers complete an application form, which you can transfer the balance Protection Claim in. The ACCESS HRA mobile app to submit required documents automatically applied 1.35 for subways and local buses could. Effective July 1, 2014, All reduced fare Program customers complete an application to their...

What Happened To Robbie Lynn Speck, Rhino Meat Taste, West New York, Nj Parking Garage, Dance Recital Program Ads From Parents, Articles H

how do i renew an expired reduced fare metrocard?